Traveling soon? Air tickets are in your pocket! and Hotels are already booked ! homework is done!
I know u did an amazing work finding the destination and the best hotels but I bet u did not do enough reading about how safe the destination you are visiting is or the Dos and Don’ts.
Check the list below, hope you will find it useful.
- Make sure you read all safety related issues about the destinations you will be visiting and from more than one source beside some travelers reviews. A MUST DO.
- As soon as you reach your hotel try to make a small conversation with the receptionist about what you need to take care off and what you need to avoid, few minutes may save your life.
- Make sure all your credit & debit cards are working internationaly. Make sure your credit cards are not blocked, you do not want to call your bank from abroad to do this. Happened to a friend in a one day business trip, Can you imagine ?
- Do not depend on one credit card. Don’t you ever depend on a prepaid credit card ONLY! Some car rentals and travel agencies do not deal with the prepaid credit cards. Happened with a close friend recently with car rentals in Dubai International Airport.
- Even if you have enough money in your bank account, keep an untouched amount of cash with you at all times. Cash amount depends on destination visited & the standard of your travelling. Usually what’s enough for accommodation & food for 2 days.
- As soon as you reach your destination or even before, you must look for or already have a contact number to call in case of an emergency, usually your country’s embassy contact number.
- An ID + Your address (in English) must be with you at all times, specially if you are traveling with kids.
- Be at the right place and at the right time wearing the right cloths and accessories. You don’t need to show off your designer bag in a small town in the middle of no where 🙂 not even in a big city like Sao Paulo, Safety first. Hide your DSLR camera and in a bag and take out only when you want to capture something, do not walk around with it hanging on your neck. The last thing I want is to lose my camera, and what’s more important pictures.
Accidents can happen in the safest countries, so never be easy about it. It is only the frequency of accidents vary from country to another but it happens everywhere. Killing, kidnapping, fighting, stealing name it !?
A must have at all time,
*Copy of your passport.
*Money hidden in your cloths other than what you have in your wallet or pocket.
*your address. (your hotel)
Guys start planning early and do it the right way from the first time.
Wish a very safe and wonderful vacations 🙂
|“May I add: keep ur bag close and infront of u when approached by a stranger. Yep i learned the hard way and i recommend hiding different notes/cards in different pockets; keep the debit card (most important) in the inside pocket or slide it in ur sock if u have to lol. And always leave one at home/hotel.
Set a passcode for all ur electronic devices! Make it hard for others to guess. And remember to sync ur iphone/ipad with ur laptop at home before u go out so u always have a copy if lost.
Also, boys always carry a cross body bag. Its trendy and masculine.
Thanks mejroxy. Lovely blog and pix. “Extra Tips from A@a.com